Sunday, April 14, 2013

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...But Didn't.


Well, as my 33rd year winds down, I must admit that I didn't complete my list of things I wanted to do. I did a lot but not nearly all of it. Here are the things that never made it to fruition: (along with my excuses!)

1. Go to a comedy club on Sunset Blvd. 
I really wanted to but the hangup was always that I didn't want to have to make the torturous drive home to Temecula from LA after being at a Comedy Club late at night. Anyone who's made this drive before, understands. So why not get a hotel? Well, because LA hotels aren't cheap. Not the ones I'd wanna stay in anyways. I did go see David Spade in Las Vegas so maybe that counts in a way?
2. Spend an entire day at the beach, just soaking up the sunshine
Seriously disappointed that I never did this. When I put it on my list, I pictured a relaxing day of soaking up the sunshine, reading books and listening to the waves crash against the shore. I have no valid excuse and I'm rolling this one over to my 34 list.
3. Take a hot air balloon ride
I had no clue how expensive it was to take a hot air balloon ride. Serious cash. It'd be like $400 for me and Henry. We'll still do it. Hopefully at the Balloon and Wine Festival in May so this too will be another rollover to 34.
4. Get a new tattoo (a specific stars one I saw on Pinterest)
Ugh. I came so close. The plan was to get it on vacation and then I realized I didn't want to spend my vacation week unable to wear shoes. But, I have spoken with my friend Jen who has a friend in Rotary that does tattoos and I'll be getting it sooner or later, I'll just be 34 when it happens.
5. Get a passport (pure laziness is the solitary reason I have yet to get one)
Yet another expensive deal. $200 for a freaking passport? That's insanity! Think I'll wait until I have specific plans to leave the country before I spring for this.
6. Learn how to do something, anything with my hair
I sorta tried but it never went beyond a braid or a bun. Lost cause?
7. Watch a live surf competition
I planned multiple weekends to see surfing competitions. Once other plans happened. Once I wanted to sleep in instead. And once it rained. I did watch some surfers during our vacation so maybe that'll have to do.
8. Stay in a Bed and Breakfast
I didn't stay at a Bed and Breakfast per say but I did stay at a wonderful Inn where I ate breakfast in bed! Tickle Pink Inn in Carmel, CA. Look it up, go stay there, you won't be sorry!!
9. Take a surfing lesson
Chicken and cheap. Those are my pitiful excuses.
10. Take a train ride
Why is Amtrack so expensive? I had no idea.
11. Do a mud run or a color run
Okay, so the one I had planned to sign up for, there was a schedule conflict with but I have registered and paid for a color run in June in SanDiego. Another rollover to 34.
12. Camp in a platform tent at El Capitan Canyon
Really thought I'd do this but then there were so many negative reviews online that started pouring in over the last year and I made the decision that I'd pass on this one.
13. Have a backyard movie night under the stars
I pictured this happening for my birthday but in reality it won't. Hook up the projector and watch Breakfast Club or Gone with the Wind while wrapped up in a blanket with a bowl of popcorn on my lap. But Henry won't even be home for my birthday and the neighbor's dogs would bark like crazy. Maybe I'll reconsider if they ever (hopefully) move or learn to care for their multiple, unruly canines. Stupid dogs. 
14. Shark Cage Dive (technically I've done this already but it's complete and utter awesomeness warrants the fact that it made my list)
I mean, did I think I was going to win the lottery? Did I not tally up how much it would cost for all this? There is a shark dive in the fall in San Francisco that costs $800 and you get to watch great white sharks eat baby seals. My little sister Katie and I would LOVE to do this but neither of us have $800 in spare change lying around. Maybe one day.
15. Unplug for a weekend (no phones, tv or computers)
I never fully did this but I did watch waaayyyy less tv and read waaayyyy more books this past year so I consider it done in that aspect.
16. Learn to play blackjack well enough to play in Vegas
Went to Vegas a few times but never even tried to play. Laziness wins.
17. Ride the teacups at Disneyland (done this at disneyworld but not yet Disneyland)
Never got to go. Another roll over to 34.

There were things that I did that I also never blogged about such as getting waxed or writing more letters. Those things are just hard to blog about. Overall, 33 was a good year and I'm looking forward to  34 and a whole new (hopefully less expensive) list is in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment