Monday, August 6, 2012

Lake Tahoe

My husband Henry and I just got back from an amazing weekend in Lake Tahoe where we were celebrating our 12th Wedding Anniversary. (Yes, we were married as infants.) We flew out of San Diego bright and early Friday morning and were eating lunch in Tahoe just a few hours later. Before going here, we'd been told that Lake Tahoe was one of the most beautiful places in the United States. So, did we agree? Well, not 100%. It was stunning and magnificent but having seen the paradise that is north shore Oahu a few years ago, we can't say it's the most beautiful. I mean, let's face it, not a whole lot can compete with Hawaii. BUT, we did think it was way up there on the beautiful list. The water is as clear as the water that fills a swimming pool. I walked clear out to my knees and could still clearly see my feet and everything around them. The water was icy cold but it was hot enough outside that it felt more refreshing than freezing. We did a private tour, went to an art gallery, had a fancy dinner, did some hiking and watched an amazing sunset on the beach. And relaxing.We would have loved to have been able to spend a few more days exploring but work and real life are always calling so we had to head back home. We plan to make another trip up there and do some of the things we didn't get a chance to do though I'm not sure when we'll get around to it. I'd love to take a boat out on the lake or maybe do some parasailing. I'd love it even more if I could take my nieces out here!

On our way back to the airport on Sunday afternoon we took a slight detour to an old west town called Virginia City. It was the cutest little town and gave us just a glance into the days of the gold rush. We even got to take a ride in a real Stage Coach, going at a full speed run! I must say, that would not have been fun to travel across the country in. Loud and bumpy and more cramped than you'd expect it to be. There were so many things in Virginia City that we wished we'd been able to see and do so we also plan to take another trip here too.

Here are a few pictures from our weekend! (And Happy Anniversary Henry-I love you so much!)




My favorite photo of the whole trip!

If only I hadn't been photo bombed by the dumb guy on the left.

Standing in a waterfall.

I found a snake on our hike!

Look how clear that water is!

Henry and I at the top of Heavenly

Wishing I had on a swimsuit instead of having to roll up my pants to enjoy the water.




No comments:

Post a Comment