Monday, August 27, 2012

Television Audience

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love TV. It's a little on the ridiculous side how much time I actually spend watching it. My personal favorite? Big Brother. I've been watching it every year, for 13 years now. I wait for it all year because it only airs in summer. Truthfully, I'd love to audition to be on it but my husband and mother have advised against it-both afraid I'd embarrass them. (Who me? Embarrass them? Nonsense!) But, if I can't be on the show as a contestant, the next best thing would be to get in as part of the studio audience. So when we moved here a year ago, Henry put me on the waiting list for tickets. Yes, that's right, there's a waiting list because so many people want to be in the audience. Well, I got an email on Wednesday letting me know that I had tickets for that Thursday if I would claim them right away. So duh, of course I did! Only one little problem, I work on Thursdays. And because I haven't worked at my job for a full year yet, I don't have any vacation days built up yet. And I hate, hate, hate asking off work for stuff. I hate it. Not because I'm afraid they'll say no but just because it makes me feel like I'm being a slacker. And I hate it even more when it's super short notice like this was. But, Henry insisted I ask anyway. So I did, fully not expecting it to happen. But guess what? I work in an office where they feel like you should live life and have fun whenever possible and they insisted I go! Especially when they found out that I'd been waiting 11 months for tickets! So, I took a half day off work and Henry and I made the trek into LA. Thank goodness for Henry because I loathe driving, especially in LA traffic. We had the pleasure of standing in line, outside, in the blaring sun, from about 3 until 530 when they finally lead us into the studio. I didn't care though. This was Big Brother after all! Well, okay, I cared a little. I didn't want to be a hot, sweaty, melting mess on tv! But, once we were in the studio and seated I cooled off pretty quickly in the air conditioning. We lucked out and got seats right down front, behind the host, Julie Chen! Being in the audience was surreal, so much fun, the most "California" thing I've done yet! My family back home was seeing it live as we were there so it was pretty cool knowing they were watching. Here on the West coast, it doesn't air live so I was able to watch it (course I had the tivo set too) when I got home. Such a fun experience and definitely worth having waited so long for it!

(Sadly, they don't allow for cameras anywhere on the CBS Studios property so I have no pictures what-so-ever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment